Every January I make a New Year's resolution to gain greater perspective about trends that impact our business and our clients' businesses. I am a strong believer in studying content that goes beyond the boundaries of our industry. I think we all benefit from the "change in content scenery" that can lead to new insight. I thought I'd share some of my resources at the beginning of this new year. We know our readers, clients and prospects are avid knowledge seekers on behalf of their brands. Here are five resources I like which cover areas of Marketing that are relevant to Builder Marketers right now:
- Digital Marketing Checklist from MarketingMojo.com. A 2017 checklist for anyone who is evolving their Digital Marketing engagement.
- McKinsey & Company wrote about Customer Experience Design a lot in 2016. These articles are all worth a scan for ideas and insight. Most consumers are 70% of the way through their journey-to-purchase before they ever reach out to a sales consultant. The sales game is changing. Customer experience design is the change agent.
- Larry Kim's blog post - Best PPC Articles of 2016. Builder Marketers are using PPC and Wordstream has one of the best blogs I've seen on a topic that is evolving daily. Pay Per Click is still a new frontier of Marketing and experts like Larry can help you ensure that your local agencies are keeping step with its evolution. Plus it's free advice!
- Forbes Business Trends for 2017 is always a good resource for looking at global trends that impact all businesses. Home buying consumers are all impacted by these trends in some way shape or form that is worth thinking about.
- Video Marketing for 2017 - Video Home Tours are getting more sophisticated. Home buying consumers are spending more time viewing homes digitally. This is a good read for all Builder Marketers.